terça-feira, 11 de agosto de 2009

Dave SchwabGlenmont, USA

Dear Marina Silva,

I'm excited to hear that you are thinking of joining the Global Greenfamily and running for the presidency of Brazil. Protecting the Amazonrainforest is something that Greens around the world care passionatelyabout. Since the first time I heard about the massive destruction ofthe Amazon, I haven't been able to think about it without a feeling ofpain and powerlessness. But when I heard that you were thinking ofjoining the Greens to run for president, I felt something new - I felthope that we could stop this short-sighted, suicidal behavior, andthat I could do something about it, however tiny, by encouraging youto run.From reading the other letters that Greens around the world have sentyou, I know there are many more who feel the same hope I do. Ms.Silva, by running for president with the Greens, you will givemillions of people the same hope. You will also show the politiciansthat people are ready for strong action to protect our environment andadvance social justice, grassroots democracy and human rights.I wish you all the best and thank you for all that you do.

Peace,

Dave SchwabGlenmont,
New York, USA

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário